The BOOST program at the DAEC supports student success at every level. The career advisor helps learners move through adult education and into skills training, college and livable wage careers. Our services include advising, intensive case management, financial assistance, career exploration, and support and referral services to help people move toward financial independence.
Advising and Support Services
BOOST offers advice, problem solving, personal support and resource referrals for any challenges our students are facing. From applying to college, to getting a job, to finding peace of mind, we are here to help students succeed. We serve all students of the Durango and Cortez Adult Education Centers.
- Postsecondary education advising: identification of appropriate and affordable postsecondary education paths; attending college tours; FAFSA application assistance; scholarship research
- Job search support: resume help; career exploration; resources for job search; assistance with job placement
- Short-term assistance: crisis intervention and problem solving; access and referrals to existing community resources (i.e. Medicaid enrollment, obtaining food assistance, eyeglasses, applications for utilities assistance, car repair, etc.)
- Emergency services or crisis intervention: problem solving, emotional support and referrals for students experiencing crisis such as homelessness, mental health, domestic violence
BOOST career transitions is designed to provide long-term, intensive support for students and graduates who are committed to attaining livable wage careers. DAEC and our supporters offer financial assistance as an investment in individuals who are motivated and demonstrate intention to become self-sufficient.
- Career exploration: skills/personality assessment; job shadow/internship experience; industry research; career pathway planning
- Goal Setting: support to attain personal and professional goals; short and long term goal setting; planning for crisis prevention
- Education/skills training
Become a Business Supporter of BOOST
Building partnerships in the community is a goal of the DAEC. If your business is looking to support an individual on their life-changing path to self-sufficiency, please contact us today. Students in our BOOST program go through a careful selection process to ensure they meet the necessary qualifications so everyone achieves success.