The DAEC is proud to be the only educational center to offer adult basic literacy, High School Equivalency preparation, GED & HiSET testing, and English as a Second Language (ESL) in our community. We can build a strong foundation for economic success and shared prosperity, plus help reduce crime by investing in basic education. Together, we can make a difference.
Ways to Give
There are many ways to support the DAEC and assist with filling the educational gaps of basic education in our community. See below:
- Make a Financial Contribution: You can make a tax-deductible contribution by mail or donate online to change a life and enhance the overall health of our community. If donating by mail, please make checks payable to the Durango Adult Education Center, 701 Camino del Rio, Suite 301, Durango,CO, 81301.
- Join the many other community members who support education (View Our Business Sponsors)
- Become a Business Sponsor
• $1,000 + sponsorships = logo and a business link on the DAEC website
• Fully tax-deductible
• Event sponsors receive additional benefits. Please contact Kelly Quach for more information.
Did You Know?
- Approximately 2,500 adults in La Plata County do not have a high school diploma
- Communities can strengthen their economies through a better educated populace
- Communities can grow and attract high-wage employers by investing in education
- Education is good for government budgets — higher incomes contribute to greater tax dollars