• Applicant must qualify for Colorado in-state tuition
• Applicant must be a resident of Southwest Colorado for at least 1 year
• Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF)
• Applicant must have experience in the early childhood field with a minimum of 2 days per week (minimum of 10 hours/week) experience for a minimum of 3 months.
• Applicants must have a follow up phone consultation with the Early Childhood Training Scholarship Career Advisor. During this consultation we will discuss your educational goals, which college will best suit you needs, what assistance you will need in order to register for classes and any other questions or concerns you may have about this process.
Scholarship disbursement and how funding is determined
Scholarship funding is given on a first come first served basis. Students will be considered for funding when the scholarship application and follow up consultation are complete. Additionally, the funders of this non-profit, the Buell Foundation, have requested that funding is awarded in the following order:
1. Those working to meet licensing requirements and/or credentials
2. Those pursuing associate’s degrees
3. Those pursuing bachelor’s degrees
Applicants must demonstrate financial need and exhaust other funding sources before becoming eligible for Buell Foundation funding (i.e. pell grants, employee sponsored educational assistance, TEACH scholarship, etc.). This scholarship may cover the cost of tuition, fees and books. This scholarship will provide supplemental funding for those pursuing a bachelor’s degree but will not cover the full cost of attendance. Scholarships awards are based on what the student’s academic goals are (licensing requirements, AA or BA), institutional cost of attendance and the cost of books.
Mail unofficial transcripts and other documentation to:
Sierra Di Marco
701 Camino Del Rio, Suite 301
Durango, CO 81301
Take a clear photo on your smartphone and text application to (970)259-2094
Scan and email to email@example.com
Fax to 970-385-7968, attn: Sierra Di Marco